Udvar-Hazy School of Business
- Ph.D. in Economics, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Master of Science in Economics, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Master of Social Science in Economics, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Bachelor of Social Science with honors in Economics, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh
Areas of Specialization
- International Trade & Finance, Industrial Organization and Labor Economics with special focus on Development Issues
Previous Positions Held
- Associate Professor of Economics, Dixie State College, 2006-2010
- Assistant Professor of Economics, Pennsylvania State University, 1999-2006
- Lecturer of Economics, California State University at Fullerton, 1197-1999
- Visiting Professor, North-South University, Dhaka, Bangladesh, 1993-1994
- Instructor, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1995-1996
Publications and Presentations
- “Political Economy of Trade Policy and Transaction Costs”, Lambert Academic Publishing, 2010, ISBN 978-3-8383-5628-0.
- “Economic Policy, Transaction Cost and Firm Size: The Experience of Bangladesh Ready-Made Garment Sector”, International Journal of Global Business and Economics, 2009, Vol. 2, No. 1, pp. 1-13.
- “Determinants of Foreign Direct Investment in South Asia”, with Rahim Quazi, The International Journal of Business and Public Administration, Spring 2006, Vol. 3, No. 1, pp. 1-13.
- “The Political Economy of Protectionism and Industrial Policy”, with Hadi Salehi Esfahani. Social Science Research Network Electronic Library (SSRN Electronic Library). Working Paper No: 98-0111.
- “Economic Policy, Transaction Cost and Firm Size: The Experience of Bangladesh Ready-made Garment Sector”, 10th International Conference of Global Business Development Institute (GBDI), Las Vegas, Nevada, October, 2008. Received one of the Conference Best Paper Awards.
- “Determinants of Foreign Direct Investment in South Asia”, The IABPADSpring Conference, Dallas, TX, May 2005, Received Conference Best Paper Award.
- “Economic Freedom and Foreign Direct Investment in Developing Countries”, Annual Conference of the Missouri Valley Economic Association (MVEA), Nashville, Tennessee, Oct 14 to 16, 2004.
- “The Political Economy of Protection When Entry Can Erode Rents”, AEA session o “Endogenous Protection & Strategic Behavior”, Chicago, January 3, 1998.
- “The Role of Transaction Cost and Economic Policy in Explaining Firm Size”, AEDSB session at the Allied Social Sciences Association (ASSA) meetings, San Francisco, January 6, 1996.