Kyle S. Wells, Ph.D.
Dean, School of Business & Communication
- Ph.D. Finance, University of Utah, 2008
- M.B.A. Finance and Information Systems, University of Arizona, 2002
- B.S. Civil Engineering, University of Utah, 1998
- STAT2040, Business Statistics, Spring, Fall & Summer
- FIN3150, Managerial Finance, Spring, Fall & Summer
- FIN3750, Introduction to Investments, Fall
- FIN4150, Managerial Finance II, Spring
Previous Courses Taught
- Real Estate Finance
- Personal Finance
- Introduction to Investments
- Managerial Finance I
- Managerial Finance II
- Banking and Credit
- Business Statistics
Publications and Working Papers
- “Do Leases Expand Debt Capacity”, with James Schallheim and Ryan Whitby, Journal of Corporate Finance, forthcoming
- “Evidence of Motives and Market Reactions to Sale and Leasebacks”, with Ryan Whitby, Journal of Applied Finance, 2012, volume 22, No 1, pp. 57-76.
- “Empirical Tests of the Leasing Puzzle Using Sale and Leasebacks”, Journal of Business and Policy Research, Dec 2011, volume 6 No. 3, pp. 73-92
- Capital Structure & Corporate Financing Decisions: Theory, Evidence, and Practice, “Chapter 19: Sale and Leasebacks”, Editors H. Kent Baker and Gerald S Martin, 2011, Wiley Publishing Co.
- “Further Evidence of Wealth Effects of Sale and Leaseback Transactions”, with David Harrison and Ryan Whitby, Texas Tech University.
- “Debt and Taxes: A New Measure of Non-debt Tax Shields”, co-authored with James Schallheim and Madhuparna Kolay, University of Utah.
- A Comparison of Field and Laboratory Measurements of Hydraulic Conductivity for Compacted Clay Liners”, co-authored with Hiram Alba, John Wallace, Eric Rosic and Bryon Elwell, Engineering Geology and Geotechnical Engineering Symposium, March 2000, pp. 133-147.